I mentioned the quiz yesterday. Fancy a shot yourself?
1) What is the source of the EU anthem?
a) Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony
b) Mozart’s Magic Flute
c) Berlioz’s Symphonie fantastique
2) How many stars does the EU flag have?
a) 6 – representing the founding members
b) 12 – traditionally the symbol of perfection, completeness and unity
c) 27 – one for each member state
3) What do you see on each of the 7 different Euro notes?
a) Presidents and kings
b) Famous poets and composers
c) Bridges and windows
4) Which one of the following words originates from the Czech language?
5) The EU has declared 2008 the European Year of…?
a) Intercultural Dialogue
c) Equal Opportunities for All